What is my County
What is my County not only shows your current county, but it also shows your current address including state, city, and zip code, latitude and longitude. Best of all, you will see all the information on a map and be able to browse around the map.
How Does My County Work?
My county tool uses Geolocation technology which is built-in with most modern browsers that have access to your location.
In order to find out what county you are in, you need to grant permission for us to access your location. There is a prompt message from your browser asking to access the location, simply select "Allow".
To protect your privacy, we do not save or store your location on our website. Upon leaving the site, all information will be lost.
How to Lookup a County By Address, Zip Code, or GPS Coordinates?
What county am I in tool can look up a county by any zip code, an address, or by GPS coordinates. Simply enter a zip code and hit the get county by zip code button, and it will return the county.
No matter which state or city that you live in, the what county am I in tool will determine which county that you belong to. For accuracy, enter your exact address above, and hit the Get County By Address button.
When you search by an address or GPS Coordinates, the map and latitude and longitude, both the county and maps will be updated.
Why Do I Need to Know My County?
There are a few use cases for using our my count tool.
- You simply want to know which county you live in.
- You are going on a road trip or simply exploring different cities, and would like to know each county that you visited. No matter where you are, or where you want to travel, our county tool comes in handy.
- You want to know the county of an address.
- You need to know the county by using just a zip code.
- If you are moving, and want to know the school district, you may need to know which county the new place belongs to.
- For businesses that are doing advertisements, they can create a mail listing by county.
- Real estate agents who want to mail their house to sell listings to a certain county.
What County Am I In FAQ
How to find what county am I In for my location?
- Most modern browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer, and Safari have geolocation features. With the user's permission, the geolocation technology allows the browser to look up the user's current location, and the county that he lives in.
How to find what county am I in for my address?
- To get a more accurate county, it is recommended that you enter the exact address instead of relying on the geolocation to find your current location. As soon as you enter an address, and hit the Get County by Address, you will get the county of that address along with its latitude and longitude and a map that you can explore.
Does My County Tool Work on Mobile
- Our county lookup tool works perfectly fine on both mobile phones and computers. You can use it on the go. As your location changes when you are driving or biking, you can refresh the page to find the new county.
Do you have an APP?
- Yes, our tool is available to download in the Play Store. If you have an Android device, you can install it for free. Currently, we do not have an app for the iPhone. What is My County App.
How to get my county on my iPhone?
- My county tool works perfectly on an iPhone. Just type in an address and your county will be found on your iPhone.
Do you store our location information?
- For your privacy, we don't store any of your addresses, county, or any other information that you enter on our site.